[Asterisk-Users] Pricing for DS3000P

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Jun 5 09:00:13 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 11:14 -0400, John Millican wrote:
> have been trying to get that stupid 200 meg SP2 for MS crap or not.  It would
> be my opinion that after a time of INACTIVITY sure disconnect, but if there
> is actual traffic DO NOT DISCONNECT.

it would be trivial for someone to write a program to ensure they are
never inactive based on data, and in fact with the proliferation of file
swapping there is surely activity on some of  those otherwise idle
nodes.  Just lurking on irc causes traffic.  As such they cant tell.

The same way voip providers cant tell if the sip client didnt hang up
properly and many disconnect after 4 hours (even some cell carriers do
this).

I however have a problem with thge use of the word 'unlimited' when it
is clear ther are limits however buried in user agreements they may be
(or undisclosed as in the case of some mobile and voip providers).
Tmobile for example does not state they disconnect at 3 hours 59 minutes
and 59 seconds.  Broadvoice doesnt declare they terminate at exactly 4
hours (or less or more depends if their equipment is actually working
but it generally works out to 4 hours on the nose).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378