[Asterisk-Users] Pricing for DS3000P

Forrest W. Christian fwc at mt.net
Sat Jun 4 15:33:59 MST 2005

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Tom Fanning wrote:

> What's so special about Digium cards that makes them this expensive? $4000
> for a PCB is extortion IMO!

$4K for a channelized DS3 card isn't all that bad.

We've been paying ~2K for a free-framed DS3 card.

Component-wise yov'e got upwards of $1K if not $2K on-board.  Factor in
R&D time and some reasonable profit, $3K or even $4K isn't that bad.

Now if you want to discuss whether or not the prices for the IC's and
other components are extortion or not, then I might be willing to agree
with you.

-forrest