[Asterisk-Users] Pricing for DS3000P

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jun 4 10:26:58 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 05:48 -0700, Matt Klein wrote:
> 4 to 1 ratio... is the industry standard for voice. 10 to 1 is dialup.
> Some raise it.

As I said my numbers were dated, and I didnt know what they were now.
10:1 is horrible for dialup, busy signals abound at higher than 7:1, or
at least they used to.  I havent worked for an isp that did dialup for 8
years, for the most part dialup has no money in it now.  $10/mo accounts
are also the reason the contention rate for a modem is up.

> I'm, personally, waiting a year or so to hear about the complaints from
> the lists before I bother.

Could you elaborate on what exactly you are waiting for?  Perhaps its my
lack of sleep that is making it a bit harder for me to comprehend that
sentence.  What will be on what lists and from whom?

I think you mean users complaining about the ratios on
'lists' (translation anywhere that someone will allow them to post their
rantings regardless if anyone actually reads it).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378