[Asterisk-Users] Pricing for DS3000P

Matt Klein mklein at nmedia.net
Sat Jun 4 05:23:37 MST 2005

Keep in mind that softswitch hardware + licensing costs ~$25k-35k/DS3, at
least on a decent platform. Yearly support is on average, $10k/year. Meta
has good rates.

$4k is cheap, especially for this market. Now will they ever bother to
produce compactpci boards? Probably not any time soon. This question has
been raised several times in developer conferences on 996.

If they could produce compactpci boards+software to run on cpci cpu's,
redundancy capabilities etc, this is a cheaper replacement for
softswitches..... but no CLEC (no ILEC would ever buy cheap) would replace
stable hardware+software with unknown reliability factors tied in. You
can't just 'reboot' a switch's software (technically, you can... but I
wouldn't want to be the one to do it).

-m