[Asterisk-Users] Incoming SIP calls with no extension

Christoph Weber christoph_weber at gmx.net
Sat Jun 4 03:28:16 MST 2005

Hi All!

I am new to asterisk and have a simple question:

I was able to install and configure it as I wanted. But when I try to
configure a default extension ('s' extension) for incoming sip calls it
doesn't work. I just want that when someone calls my ip it get's
connected to some default extension.

The reason I ask is that I plan to replace a conventional pbx with
asterisk. The setup should include a BRI interface from the telekom
provider. I need to use the same numbers as now because they are well
known. At the moment I just installed asterisk on my laptop to "play"
with the configuration, and I am afraid that a caller has to use some
extension to call in from the BRI interface when I replace the pbx, just
like now with the software sip phone.

Thanks,
Christoph