[Asterisk-Users] oh-323 / Cisco AS5300 problem

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Fri Jun 3 14:06:35 MST 2005

it can be codec negotiation issue, try to disable faststart
(nofaststart=yes in h323.conf or/and on as5300)
it helped me, when I had problem like this with h323 between asterisk
and callmanager...

but I still don't know, how to eliminate trancoding:
when both parties _can_ speek with one codec, but asterisk negotiate eg.
g729 between sip phone and asterisk and g711 between asterisk and h323
end, so call must be transcoded in asterisk
in pure SIP environment this is not issue, because asterisk can do
reinvite to both and negotiate one codec through end-to-end, but is any
solution in sip-to-h323?
PJ