[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel not found error during modprobe

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:51:10 MST 2005

Sometimes distros have a different kernel running than they have
sources for. This is not a big issue but, on a fresh system it can
happen. After a while and a kernel upgrade you will have the same. It
happens, I'm sorry but thats life......

On 6/3/05, Richard Lyman <pchammer at dynx.net> wrote:
> (TP'n to follow flow)
>
> why is it not doing the 'uname -r' ?  (meaning, what does it
> matter, it would go after whatever was the current loaded kernel
> (like it used too!))
>
> Andrew Latham wrote:
> > check you /lib/modules/ for other kernel directories.....
> >
> > On 6/2/05, Pudenz, Duane <pudenzd at televerde.com> wrote:
> >

> >>We have taken a working system and reloaded it from scratch.  We are using
> >>Ubuntu with the latest Zaptel and LibPri from CVS.  We also have installed
> >>Asterisk Head from CVS.
> >>
> >>No errors during installation however when we issue the [modprobe zaptel]
> >>command we get the error [FATAL: Module zaptel not found.]
> >>
> >>Best regards,
> >>
> >> Duane Pudenz

<sig>
Andrew Latham - AKA: LATHAMA (lay-th-ham-eh)
WWW: http://lathama.com
Email: lathama at lathama.com - lathama at yahoo.com - lathama at gmail.com
If any of the above are down we have bigger problems than my email!
</sig>