[Asterisk-Users] How to ensure that software echo cancellation ison?

Don Murray asterisk at geeksrus.ca
Fri Jun 3 09:29:08 MST 2005

Hey, Anton,

At least you get the Hookstate to be "offhook".  On my T1 I've never
managed to see a hookstate as anything other than "onhook" (as seen in
my zap show channel result below a few posts).  And yet, the caller id
number is displayed, so this channel really does seem to be connected to
someone.  I notice our formats are a little different. Mine saying
"Actual Hookstate" and yours saying "Hookstate (FXS only)".

I hate to have that tone of desperation creep into my posts but... I was
really hoping of taking the system offline sporadically over the
weekend, so any advice today would be doubly appreciated.

For those who haven't read all the below the issues are:
1) how to verify that echo cancellation is on
2) if my echo cancellation is really off, what am I doing wrong to
activate it

Don