[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream ATA286 outgoing voice

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:26:35 MST 2005

Hi there, Being somehow new to this I like to be provided with
guidance as to how to diagnose a potential problem/bottleneck with my
GS ata286.

my internet speed is 512kbps downstream with 128 kbps upstream with a
local cablemodem provider. While i can make and receive calls
perfectly, my calls cannot last more than 10-20 minutes without start
losing the conversation.
Inboud voice sounds perfectly every time, even when i have problems.
outbound voice is the problem, people cannot hear me or hear me
distorted AFTER 10-20 minutes of crystal-clear talk.

Note: all call are from my ata286 voip to land lines. or land lines calling me.

codec: g729b
firmware:??? can someone point me to the latest firmware, if any?

thanks,