[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 and Queues Problem?

Alejandro Kauffmann akauffma at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Jun 2 19:36:25 MST 2005

Hey everyone here's my problem.

Have a queue configured, it plays the desired recording, checks to see if
agents are logged in via agentcallback, forwards the call according to
distribution method, times out according to timeout settings, logs out the
agent that did not answer, hunts for next agent, logs the rest of the agents
out one by one when they don't answer, and drops call into voicemail as
defined when queue has no more agents.

This all works when i'm using Firefly as a SIP client.  When I setup Firefly
as an IAX2 client it rings the first agent and will not move on or log the
agent out if they don't answer within the timeout period.  It just continues
to ring the first extension.  Every SIP softphone i've tried works just fine
as does Firefly in SIP mode.  I have not tested any other IAX2 clients yet.

Quick and dirty solution is use SIP, but we switched to IAX2 when we started
seeing random SIP client crashes.  All our SIP clients would just freeze
every so often and have not seen the problem since we switched to IAX2.

Anyone seen this before with Firefly in IAX2 mode or any IAX2 client for
that matter?

Running Feb 27 HEAD.

Thanks in advance,

Alex