[Asterisk-Users] Sip UA behind NAT

Eric Yu-Wei Sung sungy at purdue.edu
Fri Jun 3 01:17:01 MST 2005

I am trying to make 1 soft SIP UA behind NAT connect to a public hard
CISCO UA via a public asterisk server. The CISCO UA can hear the voice
from the SIP UA but not vice versa. I do set nat to yes for the soft
phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Below is my sip.conf

[general]

port = 8060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
allow=all             ; Allow all codecs
context = bogon-calls ; Send SIP callers that we don't know about here

[2000]    ; soft phone behind NAT

type=friend           ; This device takes and makes calls
username=2000         ; Username on device
host=dynamic          ; This host is not on the same IP addr every time
context=from-sip      ; Inbound calls from this host go here
mailbox=100           ; Activate the message waiting light if this
                      ; voicemailbox has messages in it
nat=yes

[2002]                ; CISCO hard phone

type=friend
username=2002
secret=2002
host=dynamic