[Asterisk-Users] How to ensure that software echo cancellation is on?

Don Murray asterisk at geeksrus.ca
Thu Jun 2 15:52:27 MST 2005

Thanks for the reply.

If I change something to either zaptel.conf or zapata.conf I do the
following:
- shut down asterisk with a "stop now"
- do a "ztcfg" which I believe refreshes the zaptel modules
- restart asterisk

Should I unload the module and reload by hand?

Actually, since I set up the files as below, I have rebooted the machine
(involuntarily, we had a power failure) and the echo status I show is
from after the reboot, so it can't be a "not started from a deep enough
level" issue...

This is why I was wondering whether something strange is happening in
that some flags in the zapata.conf file just aren't getting set in the
system.  Its frustrating.  Does anyone have a proven zapata.conf for a
T1 setup that I can use as an example maybe?  Any other way to test echo
status (like if its really compiled into the module).

Thanks,
Don