[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Box as a Router, Firewall and DHCP Server

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Thu Jun 2 09:06:46 MST 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 11:18, Dave Cotton wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 10:09 -0500, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> > Dave Cotton wrote:
> > > Have another look at it because this only scratches the surface.  I
> > > love DHCP.
> >
> >  I second this completely.  ISC DHCP allows you to do some crazy
> > things...  Start doing diskless clients with PXE/Etherboot and you can
> > start to realize how truely flexible and powerful it is!
>
>    host ws101 {
>         hardware ethernet       00:50:04:45:39:EC;
>         fixed-address           192.168.1.101;
>         if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) =
> "PXEClient" {
>                 filename "/3c905c-tpo.lzpxe";
>         }else if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) =
> "Etherboot" {
>                 filename "/lts/vmlinuz.ltsp";
>                 option vendor-encapsulated-options
> 3c:09:45:74:68:65:72:62:6f:6f:74:ff;
>                 }
>         }
>
> Exactly!!

Mmm. I hate to admit it but you _might_ have a valid use model here. : )
Suppose I can always come back with yet another service that needs to be
running and open for hacks. But it does look pretty interesting... Thanks!
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin