[Asterisk-Users] 4+ Port FXS Analog Device

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Thu Jun 2 08:37:02 MST 2005

I agree with you as well as with Daniel Nystron (from previous post).
However, putting a T1 card and a cheap channel bank is still somewhat
expensive, if you think about it. The Sipura SPA-2002 costs about $70
and that's 2 ports, which means $35/port. That's even better than $84/
port. I'm just asking to see if there is a more cost-effective way of
deploying that many ports and not having to get a bunch of SPA-2002s.

Waldo

On Jun 2, 2005, at 10:01 AM, Andrew Latham wrote:

> T1 card and Rhino Channel bank. That should be about $84 bucks a port.
>
> On 6/2/05, Waldo Rubinstein <waldo at trianet.net> wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm looking for each phone to have its own extension.
>>
>> Waldo
>>
>> On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:02 AM, Matthew H. Franz wrote:
>>

>>> Yeah you could use just a few analog ports and patch the phones to
>>> a patch
>>> panel and then have several phones on each FXS extension... However
>>> if you
>>> want them to all have their own ... I am not sure... Ill think
>>> about it, but
>>> right now the Cisco ATA or other FXS port at 1 FXS port / extension
>>> seems to
>>> be the only way I can think of... But again you could get like 5
>>> ports and
>>> only have 5 extensions @ 4 phones / extension.
>>>
>>> Matt

>>> Waldo