[Asterisk-Users] asterisk like modems access server

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 2 08:33:58 MST 2005

> I' have one TDM400P and need configure my linux box like modems.
> It's posible give my users with PC/modem/windows/diul up line  access to
> internet with my linux/asterisk/tcm400p??

Probably not. The TDM card (or drivers) seem to have an issue with
missed data across the pci bus which will significantly impact any
attempt to use analog modems through the TDM card. It seems not all
TDM users are impacted by this, but I'd have to guess that something
in the neighborhood of 80% or more will fail. The greater the modem
speed, the higher the probability of failure.