[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Box as a Router, Firewall and DHCP Server

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Thu Jun 2 07:27:21 MST 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 10:17, Dave Cotton wrote:

> What's wrong with :-
>
>    host W2K {
>         hardware ethernet       00:30:1B:AC:39:E3;
>         fixed-address           192.168.1.130;
>         }
>
> this box always gets the same IP and I know who's got what.

Nothing, that's really how they all should be done, to avoid anyone leaving a
hostile device on your network. (Since I have not used a dhcp server since
the -90's I did not remember/realize you can assign IP by MAC.)

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin