[Asterisk-Users] SetGroup CheckGroup

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Thu Jun 2 03:12:12 MST 2005

C F wrote:
> On 6/1/05, Joseph <tech at ekn.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there updated spot on the wiki that shows how then new setgroup and
>>checkgroup functions are to be done?
>>
>>For example, if we want to make sure a sip phone can only take one call
>>from the queue, how would you check the current call count?
>>

> Well try:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-asterisk+cmd+setgroup
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-asterisk+cmd+checkgroup

If you try to use the checkgroup function you get the following warning:
   Jun  2 06:04:45 WARNING[26654]: app_groupcount.c:131 group_check_exec:
   The CheckGroup application has been deprecated, please use a
   combination of the GotoIf application and the GROUP_COUNT() function.

This is on cvs head.

  Does this look like the right replacement for cvs?
   exten => 11,1,NoOp(Testing)
   exten => 11,2,Set(GROUP()=${EXTEN})
   exten => 11,3,GotoIf($[ ${GROUP_COUNT()} > 1 ]?103)
   exten => 11,4,NoOp(At 4)
   exten => 11,5,Hangup
   exten => 11,103,NoOp(at 103)
   exten => 11,104,NoOp(at 104)

I guess this would mean that if group_count() is greater than 1 meaning
1 or more calls are on this group, than go to 103?

respectfully, Joseph