[Asterisk-Users] send and receive MMS

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Thu Jun 2 00:47:58 MST 2005

Hi,

I assume that you are talking about fixed line MMS like it is
implemented in Germany. Some time ago i already played a little
bit with a Gigaset SL74 (and an ISDN dect base). So far as ISDN
is concerned the basestation uses a PPP connection to connect
to a HTTP Server for sendind/retrieving MMSes.
With a little effort and time this can easily be emulated by
using ZapRAS/PPPd and some PHP/Perl scripts.

I am not sure but i think that incoming MMSes are signalled by
sending a SMS with some info and an URL. With app_SMS and some
scripts you could automatically retrieve the MMS then and forward
it as an Email (or another MMS to a Gigaset...).

best regards

Klaus
--
Klaus-Peter Junghanns