[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 360 extension lights

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Jun 1 22:54:27 MST 2005

Ross Kevlin wrote:
> I recently got a SNOM 360 and have been trying to get the extension
> lights to work. I can see the subscriptions with sip show subscriptions
> but I don't see any notifies when a call is made. I must be missing
> something because I've tried looking to see if anyone else has had this
> problem but the only solutions I've seen have been to put hints in and I
> have those. Any suggestions?

There is a page on the wiki that subscribes this. If you have a proper
subscription and you have the hints, it "should" work as we usually say
in this business when we don't know what the problem is. If you are
using CVS head, you can limit the context reachable for subscriptions
with the "subscribecontext" setting. I haven't tried with the 360 yet,
so I might have to power up that phone.

For those of you that haven't explored the subscription support in the
Asterisk SIP channel:

The key to get device state notification in SIP subscriptions and the AMI,
the Asterisk manager interface, is the use of a "hint" priority. The
phone subscribe to an extension, but in order for the PBX to know which
phone that is connected to an extension, you need to tell Asterisk what
relationship you have between an extension and a device.

exten => 3000,hint,SIP/olle
exten => 3000,dial(SIP/olle,30)

This extension in your dialplan tells Asterisk that if anyone subscribes
to extension 3000, they want to know the status of SIP/olle. Without the
hint, the extension will always be available and there's no notification
at all.

In CVS head, you can do this with IAX2 as well. I have a patch that has
been in the bugtracker for a few months that adds a bit more. If you
apply a call limit with the incominglimit, you will see that the notify
function will tell you not only if the device is available or not, but
also if they're on a call. This works beautifully with Xten's Eyebeam.

I am close to securing funding for development of another addition to
chan_sip during the summer. This will be the "shared line apperances"
solution developed by Broadsoft and now implemented in phones from many
manufacturers like Sipura, Aastra and I also suspect Grandstream and
Polycom. When we have this working, you will be able to get Asterisk
with one of these SIP phones to behave much more like a key system.

A lot of text that really did not answer the question, sorry.

/Olle

----
Astricon - the Asterisk User's conference - Madrid June 15-17
http://www.astricon.net/europe/ - Register today!