[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Box as a Router, Firewall and DHCP Server

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Wed Jun 1 22:07:21 MST 2005

On my * box at home (a dual PIII 1.2Ghz with 512Mb RAM), I'm running *
(2 single-port FXO cards and SIP/IAX upstreams), MythTV (home theatre
SW), file & print services and other ancillary services. I have enough
CPU grunt to decode video (watch DivX) and talk on the phone (inc
transcoding).

* on it's own is reasonably light on resources.

Go for it!

Rod Bacon - VOIP Systems Engineer
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650