[Asterisk-Users] 1.0.8 Release Candidate

Michael Stearne mstearne at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:57:45 MST 2005

On 6/1/05, Russell Bryant <russelb at clemson.edu> wrote:

> I am on IRC as "drumkilla" and also available by email if anyone has any
> questions or comments.
>
> Please test and report any issues on the Asterisk issue tracker, even if
> it is just a note saying that you have no problems at all!  I will
> release 1.0.8 once I have had enough reports of people successfully
> running the latest code from the v1-0 branch of CVS.

I just downloaded and compile the CVS-HEAD today (asterisk and
asterisk-addons).  They both compiled and seem to be stable on Fedora
Core 3.  I am having trouble however compiling add-ons on OS X.

Asterisk compiles fine after upgrading the bison installation on
10.4.1 (I used DarwinPorts to upgrade to bison 2.0).

But when I try to compile add-ons the I get a complaint from the
compiler about the use of the -shared option.  Is there a work around
for this?

root# make
make -C format_mp3 all
gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6  -shared
-Xlinker -x -o format_mp3.so common.o dct64_i386.o decode_ntom.o
layer3.o tabinit.o interface.o format_mp3.o
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0: unrecognized option `-shared'
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
_ast_log
_ast_format_register
_ast_format_unregister
_ast_update_use_count
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [format_mp3.so] Error 1
make: *** [format_mp3/format_mp3.so] Error 2

Michael