[Asterisk-Users] RFC2833 & firewall problems? (16-byte UDP packets)

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan at nextalarm.com
Wed Jun 1 20:24:55 MST 2005

When watching from the Asterisk server (running tcpdump), the
destination IP address and port number are the same for the conversation
packets and the RFC2833 packets.

But when watching from the SIP client's local LAN (another computer on
the subnet, in promisc mode, running tcpdump), the RFC2833 packets
(length 16) never arrive.

Weird?