[Asterisk-Users] Fax and codecs preferences to PSTN

Obaid Siddiqui obaid at prizmcom.com
Wed Jun 1 19:06:18 MST 2005

Hi,
I am using the exact scenario you are using (As5400-asterisk-ata's). But I
have not reached to fax
issue yet.
I tried codec g729 for voice call, it is not working. I think you have to
buy g729 from digium.

Since both my Asterisk and SIP clients are in different NATS , I have to do
the painful part of port forwarding for every client.  Specially if I have
more then one client on same NAT, what needs to be done.

Voip-wiki suggest using SER or STUN. Can SER and  MyStun can be installed on
same Server where Asterisk is residing.

Will somebody suggest anything.

Regards,
OMS