[Asterisk-Users] asterisk compatible, hot swappable PRI card

Race Vanderdecken asteriskusers at codetyrant.com
Wed Jun 1 10:51:10 MST 2005

Hmmm,

	You are going to price yourself out of the market if you go with
hot swap.

	If I understand you correctly that is.

	Your "residential" gateway sits in a home and connects to the
internet to do VoIP calls for the owner.

	What is your cost for this gateway? Doing hot swap is going to
add, let's say, $500 to the cost.

	If the system goes down because of the hot swap card who is
going to replace it?
	The customer? Well if the machine is down then a reboot isn't
that big a deal vs. the extra cost.

	A service tech? Well if the machine is down then a reboot isn't
that big a deal vs. the extra cost.

	Besides you would have to have a spare card at the customer's
house. So every house has to have more expense and costs.

	Sorry if my assumption is wrong. I went through a similar
exercise once.

	Race "the tyrant" Vanderdecken