[Asterisk-Users] Pass-through

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Wed Jun 1 08:36:43 MST 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Dustin Wildes wrote:
> Adam Vocks wrote:
> > In an order to save money, I would like to use a PRI that we have
> > going to one of our dial-up modem banks (We are an ISP.) During
> > business hours these channels are idle and during our peak internet
> > times, we are closed. Sounds too good to be true, but I thought I
> > would throw it out there. These are modem calls that if they would
> > call our modem bank number, they would be bridged to the outbound zap
> > channels??? And of course, if they dial our business number we would
> > send them to the appropriate sip channels. I didn?t know if this could
> > be done with two T1 cards and asterisk?
> I've done the exact same thing.
> We had a 23-channel PRI that a client was using for voice, but had a
> small IVR for their banking application that had direct analog lines
> pointed to it.
> I ordered an Adtran Total Access 750 and an additional T1 (T100P) card.
> The TA750 had 24 analog lines, with one T1 interface.
> The asterisk server had 2 T100Ps one card was for the PRI, the second
> was a cross-over to the Adtran 750. Works great, don't see why it
> wouldn't work for you in the same method you are talking about for a
> modem pool.

There is a better device if you have a PRI, an Adtran Atlas 550 is
basically a full phone switch. You can put an entire dialplan on it to do
router based on DID/DNIS. It will also do channelized T1 to PRI conversion
each way. Very slick boxes, I'm about to set one up for another asterisk
user to split 1 PRI to 12 pots lines for an older switch, 1 PRI for
Asterisk, 1 channelized T1 for a modem bank, and some FXO ports for an
older Brooktrout card. If anyone wants more info on them let me know.

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent