[Asterisk-Users] BT101 new firmware problem (1.0.6.3)

Elwin Andriol elwin at heuveltop.nl
Wed Jun 1 01:55:22 MST 2005

Hello,

We found out that after upgrading the firmware in our GrandStream
BudgeTone phones, that we were not able to transfer calls anymore. We
use the BT's own tranfering mechanisme. We can dial the phone where the
call should be tranfered to. But after that, the original caller stays
in music on hold on the server and there's no way to get the calling
channel back again (not to the first receiver, nor to the transfering
target).

At first I was thinking it had something to do with the asterisk,
because upgraded to version 1.0.7 a week ago. Though, the strange thing
is that we also have some elmeg/snom190's and they do not have this
transfer problem.

Not being able to transfer calls is a major problem. I'm puzzled. I
didn't thought upgrading a firware would distroy existing functionality.

The new firware version in the BT's is 1.0.6.3, the old firmware was
still one of the 1.5.x series. We are unable to downgrade the firmware.
Something to do with missing files in the older versions compared to the
new one.

Is there anybody that has similar problems with the BT's?
Is there anybody that might have an idee or advise how to fix this?

Please

regards;
elwin