[Asterisk-Users] binding asterisk-h323 on two interfaces

Atif Rasheed atif at iphonica.com
Sun Jul 31 23:59:07 MST 2005

Hello all,

I just installed chan_h323 by Jeremy (nufone) with asterisk-head.

well, I have some questions if someone please briefly answer.

 1 - can we configure h323 to work in g729 pass-thru mode, like we do in
 SIP. becaz I had to installed g729+intel libraries to work with g729.
 where as we don't need to install g729 to work in pass-thru mode.

 2 - now most important question is that can we bind h323 to multiple
 interfaces. becaz I am working in this mode

A-Party ------>(eth0) "Asterisk-h323" (eth1)-------> SSW

call comes in from eth0 and goes out via eth1. now if I bind h323 to
eth1, I can only get RTP from SSW side i.e. from calleee. because it
sends eth1 as mediaControlChannel to both parties where as eth1-IP is a
private IP and call can't send rtp on eth1-IP. h323 has to send eth0-IP
in mediaControlChannel to the caller.

if we bind h323 to 0.0.0.0 as we do in SIP, it sends 0.0.0.0 as it is to
the caller and callee.

your help will be appriciated

Regards,
--