[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Compilation Failure

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 13:45:54 MST 2005

Hi:

I have just downloaded Asterisk on FC3 as aprt of my
search for a stable distro for Asterisk. I faced few
new problems. One of them is that asterisk is unable
to compile because it fails to load  pbx_ael.so. It
reported the following error:

[pbx_ael.so]Jul 30 11:42:57 WARNING[22741]:
loader.c:301 __load_resource:
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/pbx_ael.so: undefined
symbol: ast_register_file_version
Jul 30 11:42:57 WARNING[22741]: loader.c:509
load_modules: Loading module pbx_ael.so failed!

The file is there and I don't know what the "
undefined symbol" error is and how to get around it.