[Asterisk-Users] Reviving duff Cicso 7912G phones

Michael J. Tubby G8TIC mike.tubby at thorcom.co.uk
Sat Jul 30 01:34:13 MST 2005

All,

I have been given three used Cisco 7912G phones - these were used
on a CallManager 4 system with SCCP. I want to use them on my
Asterisk box with SIP.

I plugged one phone in and it upgraded to SIP okay and works
(I have the gkdefault file, the SIP image etc. all set up okay on the
TFTP server).

The second phone powers up with the red and green led stuck on
- blank screen - and doesn't boot.

The third phone originally would boot the SCCP image but locked
up while upgrading to the SIP image and now does the same as the
second phone and won't boot.

Is there a way of rescuing these phones? For example do they have a
low level monitor/boot loader in the boot-block of the flash that can
be got to with a special key sequence in order to re-flash them? ...
or have they just become expensive paper weights?

Mike