[Asterisk-Users] OT: Lucent, Cisco, DS3 and SS7

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri Jul 29 08:42:29 MST 2005

I've posted this before but before it was just wishful thinking. But now
it has become a real need.

Our boss has a 5 year grudge against Lucent. They had a Lucent here that
would simply stop processing calls. No alarms. No nothing. I'm sure that
in 5 years, new software has been released.

I've got another guy running several AS5400HPX's telling me that you can
only do about 20T1's in it without maxing out the CPU.

I'm looking for real world people to contact me off list who are using
either:

	A: Lucent equipment
	B: Cisco equipment

and are doing the following translation:

	Incomming DS3 (with SS7) -> SIP (G729) -> Asterisk

I need to put together a proposal for a solution for the above
translation for next week.

Any and all suggestions/comments/concerns are welcome and greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Matthew