[Asterisk-Users] probing a SIP device for redirection information?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 29 07:24:33 MST 2005

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> I've looked in the docs without finding, for a way to get a SIP device's
> status: will it forward the call? if so to what number?

I don't believe there is any method to do this other than sending an
INVITE to the phone and learning what it does with it. However, even
that will not be reliable, since some SIP phones support
'call-forward-all', 'call-forward-busy' and 'call-forward-dont-answer',
so you can't predict when the phone will send a redirect.