[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360 not dial with direct buttons

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Fri Jul 29 05:17:05 MST 2005

I have a strange problem with a Snom 360.  I have a pair of them and one is
acting just fine.  The other one has 2 problems, one of which I think is a
configuration issues, but I cannot track it down.

The main problem with that phone is that the display is wonky.  When I last
saw it, with the display all the way down and after a power cycle, it was
fine.  But just before that, the display looked like it's segments were all
mixed up and some wouldn't change their display at all.  I'm going to call the
distributor about that and have the phone RMAd.

I mention that in case anyone would know if that problem might be associated
with the "configuration" problem.

So these two phones both have sidecars and have the same buttons configured on
the sidecars the same way: <sip:[ext]@192.168.1.10;user=phone>

On the one phone, they work fine.  The SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY works right, the
lights light up right, and when we press one of the associated buttons that
extension is dialed.

On the problem phone, the lights light up right but when we press one of the
associated buttons, I get a "Forbidden <extension>" error.  If I dial a number
manually on the dialpad, all works fine.

The other thing that I noticed is that the working phone has a black phone
icon next to the extension number (identity), which means that the account is
registered and the line is active for outgoing calls.

On the other phone, the icon is a "white" phone which means that the phone is
successfully registered.  Somehow the identity is set to another line which is
not defined.  Is there a way I can change this from the web interface?

Thanks!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.