[Asterisk-Users] CallerID Advice ??

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Thu Jul 28 18:14:36 MST 2005

 I'm using the teliax service and asterisk for my home phone system.  I'm
quite pleased.  So pleased, I dumped my PSTN service and ported my telephone
number.

In doing so, I of course lost CallerID from the PSTN.  My wife really liked
having the CallerID box.  In its place, I'm using the AGI interface for
CallerID directly from Asterisk, announcing the calls verbally using
festival speak synthesis.  Asterisk of course doesn't give me the CallerID
names,
however, I keep a local database of numbers I know to translate to names.

I would like to be able to continue to use the CallerID box though.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way for asterisk to send the proper
Bell 202 formatted commands to the callerid box?

Before I did the LNP, the PSTN callerID information somehow found its way
to my CallerID box via the Sipura 2000 ATA the CallerID box is attached
to.  I'm not sure how that worked, but it did.

Any ideas out there?

Jim