[Asterisk-Users] most stable linux to build business

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:28:59 MST 2005

On 7/28/05, wassim darwish <wassimdarwish at yahoo.com> wrote:
> what is the most stable linux that we can build
> business on it, i mean the best linux a linux without
> problems .

>From your question I'm assuming you have little to no experience with
linux.  In that case the real question is probably one of which is
easiest for you to learn and manage.  Most any linux distribution is
going to be stable in the hands of someone that knows what they are
doing.

Two of the easiest to setup and maintain for beginners are probably
Centos and Debian.  Slackware is very good but it takes more knowledge
and time to manage correctly.  My personal favorite is debian.

In either case don't expect to be able to run a stable system without
having at least a year or so of hands on experience.  That's just the
way it is.  Stuff breaks at the worst possible time, always..  And
when something 'breaks' versus just having something misconfigured,
you will need someone that has a decent amount of experience to fix
it.

Chris