[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360 record button?

Patrick Friedel pfriedel at copweb.com
Thu Jul 28 08:12:11 MST 2005

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

>Patrick Friedel wrote:
>

>>Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I haven't seen an obvious
>>answer on the wiki that I remember.  Has anyone managed to make the
>>record button on the snom 360 fire off the Monitor() application?  I
>>don't see a bounty, and googling for "snom 360 record button asterisk"
>>returns tons of product specification pages. (Joy!) I don't see a bounty
>>for it, and the only mention I _see_ on the wiki is "one touch RECORD
>>button usuable only with special PBX support via SIP INFO method" which
>>isn't much of an answer.
>>

>Is this during a call? Can you please send me a full SIP DEBUG of the call?
>
>Brainstorming, maybe we could treat this as a transfer to a local
>extension somehow and turn monitor on in the dial plan that way...

  Yeah, that was in the middle of a call - the only other SIP debug
information is the normal call build up and tear down.  I can generate
it if you want, but it's nothing exciting, just the usual handshaking.
But that was kind of what I was thinking would be a solution - Asterisk
sees the Record INFO packet, and conferences the call to a local
extension with Monitor() going.  I'm not 100% sure whether or not the
Snom 360 expects anything _else_ (other than a simple acknowledgement)
back from the PBX, as there doesn't appear to be a whitepaper for it it
on Snom's site.  I would assume it would be fairly straightforward in
chan_sip.c to bang in a new method, but whether there are any
ramifications, well...