[Asterisk-Users] different _source_ addresses for registrations?

maka icokan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 03:22:15 MST 2005

Hi all,

Can I choose a different source ip address that asterisk uses when
sending registration requests, and another one when transfering calls
to a destination with the DIAL() command?

The thing is, when I register with my sip provider proxy at let's say
111.111.111.111, I want the registration packets to be sourced from
one of my ip addresses - 222.222.222.222 for example. I will then use
this registraion for incoming local calls.

When I sned an outgoing international call to the sipp provider (at
the same IP 111.111.111.111), I want this transfer to be sourced from
the other IP my asterisk is listening on - e.g. 222.222.222.223.

Is this possible?

Or, is it possible to run multiple asterisk instances each on
different IP address, on the same box?