[Asterisk-Users] [Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk 1.2 Release Plans

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Jul 27 22:04:57 MST 2005

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> Scott Stone wrote:
>
>> The current version up for download is 1.3 .... how does that mesh with
>> a potential release of 1.2, in the future, when 1.3 is out on
>> http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net already?  Or is the
>> "asteriskathome" project something different?
>

> Asterisk at Home is NOT Asterisk.  It's Asterisk (1.0.x, I think) with
> lots of custom dialplan, script, and other things.

No kidding.  I personally would like to see the AAH people make this
loud and clear on their site.  Something like:

"Asterisk @ Home is Linux distribution that enables the user to easily
install Asterisk.  Asterisk is an application like Apache is an
application.  For support on Asterisk at Home specific issues
(installation, configuration, etc).  Please visit our mailing
lists/forums/whatever at <blah blah>.  For further information about
Asterisk, please visit http://www.asterisk.org"

I have been thinking about e-mailing them, but as the maintainer of
another Asterisk-centric Linux distro, I'm probably not the best person
to do it.  Anyone want to volunteer?

--
Kristian Kielhofner