[Asterisk-Users] Fritz PCI card in ptp mode with chan_misdn

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jul 27 16:47:08 MST 2005

Hi Eric,

I did some work with the Fritz! card back in Feb / March this year.  I used
the mISDN drivers with chan_capi 0.3.5 and whilst it worked it wasn't
particularly stable.  Calls could be placed using chan_capi in PTP mode but
incoming calls were not recognised in asterisk even though the mISDN driver
seemed to be aware of the call (a capi debug showed the incoming call in PTP
fine).  I never used chan_mISDN myself although I did get an email from
someone in Europe saying that he had successfully used the mISDN driver with
chan_mISDN in PTP mode.

Things may be different now with the latest chan_capi as I believe it has
undergone significant changes since 0.3.5, I don't really know much about
the differences in features between chan_capi and chan_misdn.  I no longer
have a BRI or Fritz! card available to me for testing and currently focus
purely on PRI's and Zaptel.

Craig