[Asterisk-Users] Read Back Caller ID Using Number Announcement in Digital Receptionist

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:44:59 MST 2005

> I would like to setup an option in my digital receptionist that callers
> can select to hear a read back of their Caller ID. It would be something
> like, "the number you are calling from is...". I think I can reuse the
> festival script that is built in, but ideally this could be accomplished
> without using festival because Allison's voice is so much more pleasant.
>
> I'm just a few weeks into Asterisk (*@H 1.3 / *1.0.9) and primarily
> using AMP and am just unsure how to include this in the receptionist /
> auto attendant. My technicians can use this to call in and hear what
> number they're calling from, now that Bell South changed all their ANAC
> numbers.
Go edit your auto attendant menu and add an option. Set this option to
call a custom app named "custom-saycallerid,s,1"

Go in Maintenance->Config Edit. click on the file
"extensions_custom.conf". In this file, at the end, add this code

[custom-saycallerid]
exten => s,1,Playback(yourcalleridis)
exten => s,2,SayDigits(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s,3,Hangup

N.B.: you will have to make a sound named "yourcalleridis" or you
could use festival

hth