[Asterisk-Users] CVS HEAD behavior change: Beware!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jul 27 16:43:38 MST 2005

TWV wrote:
> Just wondering... what is the idea behind this change?
> And what should we use instead of jumping?
> Can you give an example?

This has been hashed out in other places already, so rather than asking
me to repeat it you'd be better off to search... but in any case, using
'jumping' is error-prone and difficult to manage. Instead, we prefer to
have applications set a channel variable with the result of the
operation, and then GotoIF() or similar operations can be used to
control the dialplan flow in any way you desire.