[Asterisk-Users] CVS HEAD behavior change: Beware!

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Wed Jul 27 16:34:26 MST 2005

TWV wrote:
> Just wondering... what is the idea behind this change?
> And what should we use instead of jumping?
> Can you give an example?

Jumping to a specific priority is both confusing and limiting.
Applications are now starting to set variables instead of jumping.  For
exmaple Dial would jump to the current priority + 101 when it got a BUSY
and jump to the current priority + 1 on ANY other condition.  Very
limiting.  If instead Dial always went to the next priority, but set a
variable, maybe called DIALSTATUS, to provide information about the
result of the call, then we have a MUCH more flexible method to handle
the various results of a Dial.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120