[Asterisk-Users] Toshiba Integration - MWI Light

Karl H. Putz kputz at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 15:25:38 MST 2005

Use a Call file to dial back to the PBX.

In voicemail.conf set the externnotify value to something like:
externnotify=/usr/local/sbin/mwi.pl

where the perl script creates the Call file.  I set up a specific group and
dedicated a port to making these calls instead of chancing the glare with
the pbx.  Also, my specific pbx needed some delay between dialing a feature
access key "#" and the MWI dial code itself so that is why my string is
"#www91$ext".

Here is the perl script:

#!/usr/bin/perl

my ($context,$ext,$msgs, at junk) = @ARGV;

my $tmpcallpath = "/var/tmp";
my $astpath = "/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing";

my $tmpname = "mwi-" . time();

my $tmpcallfile = "$tmpcallpath/$tmpname";
my $callfile = "$astpath/$tmpname";

$ext =~ s/\@default//;

if ($msgs > 0) {
   $channel = "Zap/g3/#www91$ext";