[Asterisk-Users] Read Back Caller ID Using Number Announcement in Digital Receptionist

Stephen Joyce sjoyce at tsinc.com
Wed Jul 27 12:14:23 MST 2005

I would like to setup an option in my digital receptionist that callers
can select to hear a read back of their Caller ID. It would be something
like, "the number you are calling from is...". I think I can reuse the
festival script that is built in, but ideally this could be accomplished
without using festival because Allison's voice is so much more pleasant.

I'm just a few weeks into Asterisk (*@H 1.3 / *1.0.9) and primarily
using AMP and am just unsure how to include this in the receptionist /
auto attendant. My technicians can use this to call in and hear what
number they're calling from, now that Bell South changed all their ANAC
numbers.

Thanks for any suggestions.