[Asterisk-Users] SIP ATA's as "house" phones

Colin Stefani colin.stefani at tideworks.com
Wed Jul 27 10:33:37 MST 2005

I've done a bit of searching and haven't found any good reference for
this, so I figured I would ask the group next. Being new to Asterisk,
we've been sucessful in figuring out most configuration items, however
we're stuck on one thing...

Using recent Asterisk stable, we have a situation where I have an analog
door phone which, when the button is pushed, simply off hooks the line
(no auto-dial) and acts like you just connected tip and ring. In our
"house" phone setup on that analog card extension which rang to an ACD
group that hunted various people who were logged in.

Is there an equivilent way to do this with Asterisk and a SIP ATA? We're
trying to use a Sipura 1001 ATA with our Viking door phone (model info
here:
http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=104).

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,