[Asterisk-Users] Random Behavior on Trunk Lines with TDM Card

Heath Bowlin hbowlin at smoothfusion.com
Wed Jul 27 08:51:59 MST 2005

We have implemented * in one of our branch offices and recently ran up
against a very strange issue. On random occasions, when we would dial
out using our trunk lines, we would get a message stating "you do not
have to dial a 1 or 0 when calling this number" even if we didn't dial a
1 or 0 in the dial sequence at all. After much troubleshooting, we found
users with similar issues that simply put a wait (w$EXTEN) in the dial
sequence and fixed the problems. We did the same and it automagically
fixed itself. This is great, of course, but I was wondering if someone
out there could give me a more detailed explanation of why this works
and why you have to implement this trick with some telecom providers and
not with others. Verison provides our trunks at our branch office, but
this issue has never arisen at our home office where we have SBC. We are
running * v1.0 with a Digium 4 port FXO TDM card.

Thanks,

Heath Bowlin