[Asterisk-Users] CRITICAL PATCH for anyone using the L option in dial.

Lists lists at netwvcom.com
Tue Jul 26 13:44:16 MST 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 13:39, Brian West wrote:
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4760
>
> If you use the L() option on dial and say the latest CVS-HEAD in the
> past month you're potentially getting screwed out of a lot of money.
>
> We originally wrote the L() option for dial and it worked great till
> someone came along and hijacked the timer for something else thus
> causing the L option to fail/reset the timer to zero thus causing it
> to never timeout if someone were to say press a DTMF digit.

This is not the right list probably, and I do appreciate the warning. But
maybe you can educate me on how it can be hijacked, provided the code is
fully modular, which I assume projects like these are?

I've seen other things which I don't get, of course I've not looked through
the code to get a feel for how it's written as I'm not much of a C
programmer. So I'm hoping that someone could give me at least a conceptual
understanding of how this goes... Are people simply too sloppy or is it just
me? : )

--

List Manager
Network Voice Communications, Inc.