[Asterisk-Users] [Asterisk-Dev] CVS HEAD behavior change: Beware!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jul 26 10:30:29 MST 2005

I have just committed some changes to CVS HEAD that make the effort to
eliminate 'priority jumping' applications sooner vs. later...

Basically, there is now a global option, settable in extensions.conf, to
disable all priority jumping. The only application that has been updated
to respect this option is app_dial, but I will update the "janitor
project" list to reflect what needs to be done. The 'j' option to Dial()
now has the exact opposite behavior it had before: if priority jumping
has been disabled globally, the 'j' option will cause that instance of
Dial() to do jumping. This will be the model for all applications to be
converted over to.

Anyone who does not change the global setting in extensions.conf (it
defaults to 'on' in the source code) will not experience any change in
behavior unless they were using 'j' to suppress jumping in Dial(). In
that case, you will need to global suppress jumping, and then enable it
in any Dial() calls where you need it. As more applications get
converted to use this new option, you may need to add more 'j' options
in different parts of your dialplan.

New users of CVS HEAD (anyone who uses the 'make samples' starter
configuration file) will not have priority jumping on by default, since
it is explicitly turned off in the sample configuration file. We will
try to get the remaining apps converted over as quickly as possible, so
that their behavior will be consistent.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: