[Asterisk-Users] A TDM issue..

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jul 26 07:24:20 MST 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 09:43, chouck wrote:
> I assure you I have read the asterisk handbook many times.  The
> immediate=yes is for picking up a phone on an fxs and having it immediately
> dial an extension.  I am looking for someone to dial an extension and have
> it immediately pick up the phone on an fxs port.

I misread your message then, I apologize.

immediate=yes means it immeditely enters the dialplan at the given context's
's' extension.  It can dial an extension, execute an AGI, make your coffee...
whatever you have in the dialplan.

Now to answer your question though -- how do you intend for Asterisk to
physically pick up some telephone somewhere?  Are you wanting extension 5,
for example, to not ring a telephone on an FXS port but have the phone
automatically answer?  The phone needs to have auto-answer capability...
Asterisk can't make something answer a line, it can only ring the FXS port
and wait for the connected device to answer...

-A.