[Asterisk-Users] ABI manager - redirect

Christoph Eicke cei at inmedias.it
Tue Jul 26 03:32:28 MST 2005

I'm very interested in the redirect feature of Asterisk. So far I haven't
gotten it to work. My scenario is that there is a two party call going on
where I want to send one of those parties somewhere else. In the wiki is only
an example how to send both parties to a meetme room. Is the ExtraChannel
parameter required?
This is what I have:

Action: Redirect
Channel: SIP/8080-e2a7
Exten: 5000
Context: local

Now, the SIP/8080 channel is connected to one extension, if I now redirect it
to extension 5000 (as shown above), the SIP channel hears a short "ring" tone
and then connects back to it's original extension which starts over again.
Both, the extension that the SIP/8080 channel is connected to and where it
should be redirected to are in the same context ("local").
Any hints would be great,

Thanks,
Christoph