[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 144

Eivind Trondsen eivind at wingnut.no
Tue Jul 26 00:43:30 MST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 17:42, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:
> > > Thanks Adam. This helps some, but I'm still not sure how you mean
> > > for me to acheive 1). I would have to perform a Dial-command no matter
> > > what, so I guess I would have to make an interruption from the
> > > manager API, but I don't manage to find a command that will
> > > acomplish that.
>
> Either use the dial parameters to play a sound on a regular basis, eg,
> you could play $UNIQUEID every 30 seconds, then your other software
> which is watching the manage interface and deducting money every 30
> seconds can change the content of that file once you want the user to
> start to hear something different.... see the L option to dial.

This may actually be a good idea. I have looked at L, and it seems to be the
only documented way to get sound into an ongoing call. I'm actually a bit
surprised that that feature is missing. A good thing Olle just announced a
code freeze on 1.2...

> Alternatively, you need to be more creative and put the two calls into a
> meetme conference, then add your third channel (see the local channel
> driver) which simply plays whatever audio you need (or in fact this
> could be some AGI/etc)...
>
> These are just some comments I felt like making, I've never had to do
> this, and this is not necesarily how I would do it if I did need to (ie,
> if I was being paid to do this, I'd think about it more before
> implementing it, but for now, I can shoot my mouth off without any
> concern of needing to deliver on what I've said can be done).

Thanks for the shooting :) I need to do this (and I'm paid too!), so I'll do
some more thinking.

Best regards
--
Eivind Trondsen

"People are destined to be party animals,
and the technology will follow"
                         - Linus Torvalds